My photo
I am a private collector and your direct source to purchase all types of wristwatches. From new, used, rare, and vintage I am able to source the entire spectrum of brands best suited for you and your budget. In most instances I can beat their bottom line and source pieces they don't. Don't hesitate to contact me no matter how small or large your tastes are.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Incoming: Gallet & Co. Marathon Navigator,USAF issue




I can't even remember how long it has been since i set my eyes on one of these bad-boys! About two years ago i got my hands on one of the newer versions with the plastic/fiber case through a trade for my all black Suunto Core.....and to be honest it was nice at first. Well then i decided to sell it off as it never really spoke to me. I think the one thing that i didn't like was how "cheap" it felt. When i say cheap i really mean to say unsubstantial. The lack of weight on the wrist really turned me off for some odd reason and to be fair i went from a suunto core to a marathon navigator. when you put the two side by side it looks like david and goliath.

That was in the past and i have been wearing smaller watches for quite some time now. So to sum up i'm looking forward to getting this guy and strapping some history to my wrist.

History: Issued to the US Airforce as well as the Canadian Airforce, these timepieces had quartz movements contained in a stainless steel case, with an easy to read second time zone bezel (with tritium coated hands) and screw down crown.

For some more info on this watch and other military issue timepieces click this link: http://www.50717.com/us/mara-navi-review.html

image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/farhandin/

No comments:

Post a Comment